Sunday, July 02, 2006

Be My Ex...But I don't wanna be an EX!

There's a new movie coming out called My Super Ex-Girlfriend, starring Luke Wilson as a "regular guy" who dumps his clingy girlfriend (Uma Thurman, man, she would have to be PRETTY BLOODY CLINGY to dump) only to find out that she is in fact a superhero. She ends up making his life hell. It seems this film is part of the emerging canon of "original" comic superhero films being produced by Hollywood as a response to all the real ones. I'm talking about The Incredibles, Sky High, the upcoming Zoom, and the new drama on NBC this coming fall: Heroes.

Anyway, Fox has launched a sister mock-help site as part of the whole conglomorate advertising, interactive marketing deal, Be My Ex:

http://www.bemyex.com/

Now, if you read my last post you would have gathered that I am kinda going through what seems to be a break-up. I'm not enjoying it, and while the whole incident is still kinda occuring and (I guess) there was no official instigator, I certainly feel more like the dumpee than the dumper. Bemyex.com is parading as a break-up school. A how-to of breaking up with your partner. I read this site with interest, obviously, and I have to say it hasn't helped me. Firstly, according to the site's quiz, my relationship was in a pretty positive place, it says there's no chance of a break-up. Which is what I thought, which is why I'm so upset, which is what HE BLOODY WELL AGREED WITH! He said, after he told me he "thinks we're better as friends" that (this is not in order, but he did say all these things at some point) "we would've been great for each other", "I love you" and "I had a great time with you last night." WTF!???!!! I KNOW! THAT'S WHY I DON'T WANT TO END IT!!!!! Ahem. Excuse me. Secondly, in lesson 1 of the video lessons it outlines the normal relationship cycle. By this cycle I should've been in the "honeymoon period". The break-up was not due until the "twilight period" of the relationship.

Bemyex.com assumes a certain type of relationship, and I'm starting to think my relationship was never that normal. Therefore it is of no use to me in dealing with this most unpleasent experience. But it does have a few laughs, and is a fun way to advertise for a movie.

OK, bye bye now.

P.S. Uma Thurman is one hot mumma. I loves her, precious.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Wow, sounds like he's giving you some pretty mixed messages.

Steph said...

I don't think there is any such thing as a painless break up.
One day at a time, sweets.