Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Quick Update

Feeling pretty good this week for no particular reason, thought I'd do a quick check-in with my blog.

  • School - Still procrastinating, have postponed my supervisor meeting till next week so I can give her more to slam. But feeling good about the little I have written. Gave a presentation in one of my classes this week that seemed to go down well.
  • Fancy dress party was ok. It was cold and outside so I stood by the fire. The old Eltham crowd and a few bogans. I ended up putting on my grandma's old velvet cape, some too-light foundation, very black eyeliner and dark red lippy and went as a goth. I thought I looked hot. Kinda Suicide Girls but without the airbrushing. I bought my friend a Toni Childs CD, as part of an ongoing joke CD gift tradition we've got (I bought it from the used CD stand at uni along with The Best of The Supremes and george's Polyserena; the former because I dig old Motown stuff, the latter because the person at the centre of my next dot point is involved with that album and I figured it would be a cool memento).
  • Received last Thursday night a (in my own words) "glorified booty call," which consisted of being invited to the Great Ocean Rd to "be free" with him. Apparently I need to lighten up because I work too hard, and a romantic weekend away with him is what I need. Yes, what a lovely thing to do IF I WAS STILL HIS GIRLFRIEND! Don't worry, he got yelled at big time on Friday...but we parted on good terms. Sneaky monkey.
  • The best news this week: walked into Esprit (shut up, I hate shopping and I don't have time to go anywhere cool) to buy some jeans...spotted a cute black skirt I had eyed months ago but they was too pricey. It was now half price and I fitted (comfortably) into a size...6!!!! Oh. My. God. I was excited when I went down to a 10 in jeans earlier this year. I don't feel like I've lost that much weight, but maybe sizes have gone crazy because the population is getting fatter. Who cares, the tag says 6. I bought a stripey light cotton knit as well.
  • I think David Tench is voiced by Tim Furguson. You know, the one from DAA who was actually kinda cool because he had a kind of Steve Martin thing going on and 1) Didn't EVER sing "Throw Your Arms Around Me" badly, or 2) Didn't play the guitar.
  • I love Chas from The Chaser so very very much. He's my second favorite after Chris.
  • Djoymi was my tutor two years ago. I love how the mainstream media think that us crazy media/film/cultural studies people are an oddity. We just write about contemporary texts, big deal.

Hope all you bloggers out there are kickin' it. See ya!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Size 6! Wow. Here I am happy to fit tightly into a size 10.

OMG Chris is my favourite Chaser too.

Stef said...

Well, my size depends on what part of my body I'm dressing. If its pants I'm anywhere between 8-10, tops 10-14. Skirts I can get away with 8s because I have a small waist. Because this skirt sits fairly high I can get away with a 6.

Chris is the coolest.

Hope you're well. Chin up!