Thursday, May 25, 2006

My New Distraction Or: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Blog

Hi there.

Reasons for starting a blog:

1. Procrastination: This is a big one. My life seems to be one distraction after another as i sink into further and further denial about my honours work. They say denial is the first stage of grief. Yep, I'm grieving my sanity.

2. Relevancy: Considreing my thesis is about new media and the internet i figured it was getting rediculous that i didn't have a stable internet home. You can expect a post a couple of times a week. I used to have a film-review related one at RottenTomatoes, but got bored.

3. Subcultural Capital: Ahh yes, the wank reason. Lets face it, its getting cooler in the circles I travel through (the Arts student worlds, see links) to have one of these self-indulgent corners of the www. Hey, it could be worse, I could be an "emo" or jazz muso or something.

So yeah, I'll be back later to tell you more about little old me. I hope some will be at least remotely entertained, maybe even informed. It will probably be media-based critique stuff, but hey you might get lucky sometimes and get a rant about my latest argument or romantic escapade. Ha! "Romantic escapade." That was a good one Stef, write that down. Wait... but I aready did! Spooky.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Hey Stef,

First comment, yay!

Ok, right now I am going to go back to my essays and write something, damnit.

Susanne.

Stef said...

Thank you very much Susanne! I'm honoured.

Yes, I should be working too! Good luck.