Monday, June 19, 2006

Brazil-2, Australia-0, Me-Glad to be Awake

So my mother, brother, my brother's girlfriend, my "guy-I'm-involved-with" (let's call him Trumpet), and my good self had a mini Australia vs Brazil World Cup par-tay Sunday night.

Here's how the night unfolded:

- 8pm Trumpet and I get home from band. Mum had cooked a traditional roast (With GRAVY!), which we ate with vigor. I love my Mum.
- 9pm Trumpet and I played on the computer, I showed him my new blog, we listen to Miles Davis
- 10pm Trumpet and I watched a nature documentary with my mum
- 10.45pm We get word that my dad got a flat tire on his courier run and may not make it home before the game
- 11pm Trumpet and I retired to try and get a few hours of sleep (we got about 1 hour)
- 11.30pm Brother and his girlfriend arrived home from helping my dad on his courier run
- 1.45am Alarm goes off, I get up, expecting party zone - Mum is asleep on the couch. She says my bro and his gf PROMISED they'd get up. Trumpet and I eat chocolate mousse.
- 2am Game starts, I open the commemorative packet of cheese and bacon balls
- 2.15am Bro and GF stumble in. I tell them they are weak, reverse pikers
- 2.35am Bro, GF, Trumpet, and I discuss the FHM list of Sexiest 100 Women 2006. Michael Leslie is in the 80's, her picture makes her look worse than normal - if that's possible. Predictably, Jessica Alba takes top spot
- 2.40am Dad and helper arrive home for quick coffee, then leave
- 2.45am Half time, Brazil 0 Australia 0 - things look positive
- 3am Game recommences, brother opens the Brie
- 3.05am Brazil score, brother and Trumpet are devastated
- 3.15am Mum realises that there is a Brazilian player called KaKa - in Greek this means poopoo. Mum and bro's GF giggle uncontrollably whenever he is commentated on from that point onwards
- Time unknown - Harry Kewell nearly scores, bro and Trumpet nearly die, I'm getting sleepy
- Time unknown - Getting very sleepy, eat Brie and cheese and bacon balls to wake myself up
- 3.48am Brazil score again, brother and Trumpet are now a bit tired, dejected and grumpy. My Mum does an impression of the Australian coach slapping his hands in disgust and hits her own head, leaving a read mark. I laugh a lot. Trumpet and I discuss when to get up. I have to work at 9am, we mull over waking at 7am. I decide I will pull a sicky and wake at 10am
- 4.50am Game ends
- 4am Trumpet and I say our goodnights, retire
- 8.45am I get up and call work
- 10am Alarm goes off
- 12 noon We get up

Overall I had a great time. Pity we didn't win. Or just score. Or even draw. Oh well. Bring on Croatia.

Meanwhile, my dad brought home today THE BEST MAGAZINE EVER! And along with it he brought the first puppy, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (see below, pics don't seem to be loading today). As far as I'm concerned, all people should be photographed with a wide-angle photographical lens. Then who'd win FHM sexiest? Probably Alba. Ah, the perks of having a father who delivers shit for a living! Free shit! And no, he's not a proctologist.

http://www.the-dog-collection.co.uk/graphics/puppies-graphics/toy-active/kc-spaniel.gif

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Woah, I got tired just reading what you did in one night.

Now that my essays are in (thank god) my night tonight consisted of watching the O.C., drinking Chai... and that's about it.

Steph said...

Admire you much for getting up to watch it. I myself, snored through it. I'm not very patriotic :P

Stef said...

Hi Susanne!

Yeah, but really it could just be condensced to "got home, went to bed, got up, watched soccer, went back to bed." I put in too much detail.

Yes, essays being in is a very good thing, now all I have to do is that other thing...you know: the T word.

Don't watch The O.C. I write essays on it, though. ;)

Stef said...

Hi Steph (cool name), you have a bitchin' blog.

Did I just say "bitchin'"?

Anyway, I like getting up and watching international stuff occasionally. It feels...cosy

I wasn't too patriotic though, I was more interested in the cheese: in both soft gourmet and baconed ball forms. Party zone.

Steph said...

You have a shit-hot name too :P

Bahahaha!