Thursday, July 27, 2006

Not Dead Yet!

To all my loyal readers (yes, all 6 or so of you):

This post is here to inform you that I , Stef, am not dead.

I have been neglecting this dear old blog (and by "dear old" I mean "crappy new") lately. This is due mainly to my full load of school and life and stuff and my general lack of motivation to reflect on any events that have occured. Lots of stuff has been happening (thesis, movies, news items, funny stories, life events) but I really haven't had the energy to write in a blog.

I can report though that I think I'm back on track. Being back at school I think is a good thing...being around other students is motivating. I'm feeling pretty good about myself again and am trying to build momentum back again after the rut I fell into a little while ago. Hopefully I can get my enthusiasm back (that's one of my strengths, I think, that I can be quite positve and pro-active when I feel excited and enthusiastic about something - not much can stop me once I get in that head space) and run full steam for the next few months.

So no, I am not dead. Just preoccupied. I wouldn't be expecting too many posts for a little while, but I will continue to follow my fellow bloggers lives intently and post the odd comment.

I shall return! Just like Superman, only hopefully with better pacing.

Bye bye for now.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I'm quite happy to be back too.

I'm pretty freaked out about how hard this semester is going to be with such a big workload, but I think being busy actually helps me get work done rather than on the holidays, where I did very, very little.

P.S. Might see you at Amy's party tomorrow?

Stef said...

Yeah, it's pretty frightening...but we'll be okay.

I'll see how I go with Amy's. But I'm going to drinks tonight.

I'm pretty pissed that Queer Theory has attendance requirement. I didn't really enjoy that class, it has a vibe...I talked (mostly crap) so I wouldn't fall asleep. It would be good to wag. We've got to cool it up a bit.

Susanne said...

Cool. I thought the Queer Theory class was alright, but I didn't like the room set-up much as I couldn't see everybody without straining.

I've got a work dinner tonight but I might do the Friday drinks thing next week.