Thursday, August 24, 2006

Snakes on a Plane!!!!

I'll be seeing SoaP tonight with my brother and his lovely gf. I'll report on my thoughts on the film once I've seen it.

I'm actually writing my thesis on Internet Movie Fans, the websites they visit and the phenomenon of SoaP. This week I wrote to Henry Jenkins, the major theorist regarding convergence culture and consumer groups, about the film's response on the internet and he has quoted me on his blog:
http://www.henryjenkins.org/2006/08/snake_eyes.html

Needless to say, I am quite chuffed! Check out Henry's blog, its really quite interesting for anyone interested in media studies.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Yay! you's famous and shit!
That's a great blog. Good find.

Susanne said...

Nice one Stef. Today Henry Jenkins's blog; tomorrow the world!