Sunday, August 06, 2006

So much crap, so little time

So...yeah. What's been happening? I'll tell you...

- I AM PROCRASTINATION QUEEN! ALL MUST BOW IN MY EVER-PRESENT GLORY!!!

- My bro's GF's 21st on Saturday was not too painful for my mother and I. She LOVED the gift we bought her (a faux fir pink stole - it even worked with her outfit and she wore it all night) and seemed to have a good time. There was free sparking red and food so all was good. Although being the accommodating chatty soul I am I got to talking with an older generation woman, the type who's always smiling and sunny to people. These oldies always seem to talk to me, and then I hear them behind my back saying things like "Isn't she gorgeous! What a delightful young woman!" (I shine when arse-kissing baby boomers). Anyway I get the obligatory "And do you have a boyfriend?" Sigh. I don't know what to say. Do I say through a tight grin "No, no, single as an albatross! Ha ha! Yes, too busy for boys," or "Actually I just broke up with someone I love WHO KEEPS PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEART"??? *cue Backstreet Boys* To top it all off when asked "what do I do" I have to also give the thesis story to people who don't even know what the internet is, let alone new media, convergence studies and film review sites. GAH! Idiots!

- Speaking of my thesis, did I mention I'm more fucked than Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct? In case you didn't know, that's pretty fucked.

- And as if my life wasn't complicated enough, Australian Idol has started. Like all programs it jumped the shark, but I'll still watch. Why? Because like my Jewish sugar daddy from my old work said: we're all shmucks. And I love idol. I love James' bug eyes and Marcia's total irrelevancy. I love Kyle's ugliness and Mark's completely staged "wackiness." The only time I've ever voted in a reality T.V. show was just once, in the season 1 final, for this guy:


Why? I'll tell you why. Because that little Christian can fuckin' SING GODDAMNIT! And because even though he's got the biggest tool potential since Paul McDermott, this kid is IMPOSSIBLE to hate. Because he doesn't care. Guy doesn't give a shit what you or I or anyone thinks about him, his virginity or his hair. This kid is the shit. It was the best text message I've ever sent.

Bring on season 4! Maybe it will be good!!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

*sigh* just when i thought i could stop watching shite on telly ( BB finishing and all) Along comes Effing Idol!!

I already want to hunt Kyle down and bash him with a heavy blunt object.

Stef said...

Kyle shits me too, but in the predictable way. The person I really love to hate is Marcia. She is completely pointless and limp.

"You go girlfriend! You're beautiful and you know what? You rock, too...yeah...well done darling. Well done." *slap* STFU!

Susanne said...

I'm glad she liked the pressie.

As for my thesis, I think the worst part is this feeling that it has to be really, really good, which makes me not want to write anything because I know it's not going to be really, really good. Oh well.