Tuesday, September 12, 2006

No Comment!

After many failed attempts my homo sapian brain has learned that I cannot post comments on non-beta blogs. Classical conditioning has finally worked; I have associated commenting with not-working. So all y'all out there with just Blogger blogs, that's why I haven't been commenting. I thought it was a log-in problem, but I can't seem to get it working even when I'm logged in. Its very annoying as I've had many a thing to say in a few blogs. I think Blogger are working to fix it.

Bloody Google! I'm totally, like, a part of the Matrix now. Better watch my bank accounts.

In other news, I have lots of work to do. I've been spending too much time with a certain person I probably should not be seeing (although I've been relieved of their presence for the next two weeks, phew!) and I've been watching too much Australian Idol. Bobby Flynn...jury's still out. Still, I agree with most that the allowance of older-singer-songwriters into the comp has meant a higher standard of talent. This year's better than last year, which I barely watched it was so bad. Actually, I might start an Aus Idol round-up each week. I love my opinions on Idol. I'm fucking ON when it comes to Idol, man. Its my time to shine. <--- Please note the new low, people.

Although, for the next two months I think I'll be fairly scarce on my blog. Thesis crunch time is setting in.

So my apologies to Steph, Susanne, DelightfulJen, Audrey etc...everyone on my links list, for not commenting. I'm sure if I put more effort in I could figure out a way of commenting, but its probably best for my thesis if I don't. I'll be around.

There's a Boost Juice boy at Melbourne Central who flirts with girl customers. Much like the girls who work there flirt with you. Yesterday he went off on his break while I was waiting for my berry-crush-without-apple-juice-with-watermelon-juice-instead-if-that's-alright-please, and he came back to the counter, took the lid off the straw dispenser thing and CHECKED HIS HAIR IN THE REFLECTION OF THE LID. He then asked me "Is this ok?" I said yes, it looks fine. Except it wasn't fine. The hair looked crap and he'd just checked it in a Boost Juice straw dispenser. It was pretty far away from fine.

Finally, check me out. Its pretty scary when an informal e-mail I sent gets quoted as my "argument." It is essentially my argument, but it's so casually written it's a bit embarrassing. I never thought it would be picked up like that.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

No worries at all Steph. I don't really get this Blogger Beta thing so I'm trying to avoid it.

I have no idea what I'm going to write my queer theory essay on. I'd skip the class tomorrow but I have to do my presentation.

Sigh.

Stef said...

Ahh but Susanne, everyone has to change eventually. Resistance is futile! Its got its glitches, but there are also some handy improvements.

Don't worry about Queer Theory, I have a feeling you wont be the only one. Just make sure you don't misread Foucault.

I was going to comment on your blog that it's totally cool to still be dealing with the boy. I think you're handling it really well. Of course it's going to be hard and take a while, but you've kept your dignity and that's the most important thing. I'm sure you'll be fine, you've got a good head on your shoulders. Keep staying positive and moving forward. That's the best thing.

See you in class!