Friday, December 22, 2006

OMG! How long has it been?

December is a BIG month for me, especially this year.

- Results came in. Just off the average I wanted, but not so bad that I can complain and be depressed. Really, I'm kinda just proud for finishing and doing it without any major breakdowns. Some minor ones, though. My thesis got a good enough mark though, and that was my baby. So, I feel content and a bit frightened about the future as I've redefined slack about the whole "making something out of that almost pointless but oh-so-stimulating Arts degree" thing.

- Turned 23 on the 12th. Yay. My friends got me Arrested Development Season 2. Love em.' I do feel a bit older this year, like the age is significant. I guess it's that I'm well into my 20s now and its full-on life stuff.

- Dad's birthday on the 15th, two cousins on the 18th and 20th...it's madness.

- Christmas.

- Thailand. 3 weeks. Leave on Christmas Day. Ugh. It's my first time overseas and I swing from being super giddy with excitement, scared out of my wits, and so over it within the space of an hour. I will read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (because I never got round to it and apparently someone dies), Siddhartha (to get me in the mood for some enlightenment), and, if I have time, Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis (because sex, drugs and rock 'n roll's my bag baby). I am visiting Khaosan Road, Koh Pha-Nang, and Koh Tao. I will sit on the beach and drink and get sun burnt and have fun.

- I've had to say goodbye to a dear friend who's going to Canada for a year and had some heart-to-hearts with him, who also left for Brisbane for a month the other day. Draining. Thailand's going to be reflective and rejuvenating, I think.

- None of this is easy when Melbourne skies look like a sign of the Apocalypse. I just want to sleep.

- Its been a big year what with the thesis and the falling for someone I shouldn't pretty tragically and Bobby Flynn and all. But, you know, I probably wouldn't change a thing. It wasn't as bad as last year when I crashed my car or 1995 - the year the devil controlled my fortune. Next year's goals are to get a job in "the industry," move out, and start to repair my increasingly fragile emotional state to become more emotionally independent and resilient. My moods need less extremes, methinks. Its funny, Sagittarius apparently has a great year ahead, but I recently discovered that my moon (moods) is in Cancer and my ascendant (how you project) is Pisces, two really emotional, sensitive, water signs. I'm pretty classic Sag on the outside, but that realisation has really made sense. I'll try to keep it in mind.


Thanks very much for reading this (pretty lame) blog this year. I may post an entry from Thailand, but you never know. The blog culture is really quite awesome and next year I hope to be more prolific and interested in it. Thanks to all my readers who comment (all 4 of you or so) and thanks especially to Susanne, Rach, and Amy for being new friends and "honours-sistas" - cool chicks they are indeed.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

audrey said...

Stef I'm soooo sorry I gave away the death in HP6!! I thought everyone would have read it by now!

If it makes you feel better, there are a million other shocking and brilliant things that happen in the book...

Have a brilliant time in Thailand. I'm very jealous!

Stef said...

Oh Audrey, that's ok. I don't want you to feel bad, most people have read it and having come from film-website culture I'm used to haing things spoiled and really hate people who are wankers about spoilers. It was more funny than anything, it was the last place I expected to be spoiled, and you were having a go at spoilers themselves...so it's one of those 'have to laugh' things. I know I'll still enjoy the book. I prefer the teen angst stuff in them probaby more than the magic stuff anyway.

No worries, hope all is well with you and have great summer.

Steph said...

All you girls are awesome. What you've achieved this year is something to be really proud of.
Merry Christmas. xx

Susanne said...

Happy New Year Stef!

It was great getting to know you last year. We must catch up when you get back from Thailand, especially as I'm heading there in February and I need tips! :)