Saturday, August 19, 2006

Emo angst time has begun...

"Hellllllo?"
"Hi. Where are you? Are you at home?"
"No, I'm at work."
"Oh..."
"I thought you weren't speaking to me?"
"I...I think I'm having an anxiety attack."
"What?"
"Yeah. Yeah...I think..."
"Where are you?"
"Umm...Brunswick St."
"How are you getting home? Are you driving?"
"No."
"Tram?"
"Uhh, yeah. It doesn't matter..."
"Why don't you call your brother and get him to come get you?"
"No no no no....I'm alright. Don't worry about it, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to have rung you at work..."
"No don't go. What did you do today?"
"I was at Uni. I was at Uni all day. I was at Uni."
"Oh good. Did you get lots of work done?"
"....ahhh yeah. Look, it doesn't matter. Don't worry about it, don't worry about it...I'm sorry to ring you at work....Bye."
"...Bye."

I feel I'm constantly resisting cliche, and constantly failing and then rearranging the situation so it all looks intentional.